Our technicians are vital to our success and critical to the security and safety of our customers. We value our employees by preparing them to do their jobs and providing them the tools necessary to do the job correctly, quickly and carefully.
As part of the team at USIC, our technicians are constantly trained on new and better ways to do their jobs. In addition to the training, USIC provides technicians an array of benefits including, but not limited to, the following:
- 100% paid training – We’re invested in you, starting on your first day.
- High-quality company vehicle – All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won’t be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work.
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment – Advanced technology you can count on.
- Daily pay – Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options – A variety of excellent insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match – We will help you save for the long term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays – Even in your first year, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
- Weekend and holiday on-call pay – Earn extra money while on call over the weekend or on a company holiday, even if not called out to an emergency.
- Post–dig season bonus – Front-line employees are the first to share in the company’s success.
- Career Path Program (CPP) – Unmatched in our industry. We recognize employees who strive to be the best in their roles with distinctive titles, promotions, and more.
- Outstanding Marks Program – Earn points for tenure, safety, and quality milestones to spend on products of your choice from an expansive online store.
- Tenure Boots Program – Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Wellness check/help buttons – Ensure our technicians get home safely each day and receive help quickly with difficult tickets. With team leads to guide and mentor each crew, even as lone workers, you are never alone.
- Tech Health Desk – Dedicated representatives to get you what you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks – Outstanding discounts at major retailers and service providers.
- Identifying and marking buried utilities (telephone, electric, natural gas and more)
- Referencing utility prints
- Locating utilities using state-of-the-art tools and technology
- Creating proper documentation
- Accurately billing their work
At the end of paid training, and upon successful completion of written and field certification, our newest technicians will be assigned to their field team under supervision.
Technicians will spend 95% of their time in the field environment outdoors on their own, so it is of utmost importance they are consistently trained to perform their jobs to the standards that have been set by USIC, our customers and the National Utility Locating Contractors Association.
WORK VEHICLE PROVIDED
Nearly 100% of a locator’s job will be performed in the field. USIC technicians love working outdoors in any weather and value setting their own scheduling and routes based on utility maps and prints at hand on a day-to-day basis.
Technicians typically work in the area in which they live, but they are always on the go. USIC provides field technicians with a company vehicle to perform their jobs on time, correctly and safely. Our technicians will be in a field environment nearly every day, therefore their truck is their office.
Customer satisfaction is extremely important to the quality of work and experience we strive to provide. Our goal is to be 100% on-time all day, every day for every location. Providing our field technicians with the transportation and equipment necessary to be on time and perform their jobs at a high level is just one of the benefits USIC offers in order to accomplish this.