Are you looking to jump-start your growth in your professional career? How about working for the fastest growing and most trusted name in underground utility damage prevention in North America? If you are a quality-conscious, hard-working individual who loves working outdoors, then you should consider a rewarding long-term career at USIC!
The name USIC is highly recognized and respected for our strong commitment to quality and safety. We are looking for individuals to join the USIC family who considers themselves problem solvers, are confident, take pride in public safety, and thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment. #usic
Set Your Sights on The Future!
If you're looking to grow your career, we’ve got you covered. Your valued experience grows every day, along with your opportunities.
We’ve built an exciting career path progression to recognize employees who strive to be the best in their roles. By achieving qualifications and milestones in the Career Path Program, you can be rewarded with distinctive titles, promotions to new positions in the company, and more.
We are currently hiring throughout Frisco, TX. The starting pay for this position is $14.00 / hour.
Our technicians spend their workdays on the go, working independently in the field using their company-provided vehicle. You will utilize our state-of-the-art ticket and claims management systems to ensure clear and complete mark-out services for the excavator or property owner at the worksite.
Your Responsibilities as a Locator:
- You will be responsible for the correct, safe, and efficient locating of underground utilities, including telecommunications, electric power, cable TV, gas, water, and sewer systems
- Taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, accurately marking the location, completing the necessary paperwork, and photographing each locate
You'll be working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and use a company-provided laptop to document and close all tickets. We have a 48-hour turnaround time on all locates, which means we generally work the day after holidays and some weekends, as needed.
These are daytime, full-time positions, and over time will be required. Instructor-led training will be provided. No prior locating experience is necessary.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
- 100% paid training - We're invested in you, starting on your first day.
- Company vehicle - All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work.
- A company laptop, phone, and equipment
- Participation in our Career Path Program (CPP)
- Advancement opportunities – We promote from within the company.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match
What We Need from You (Our Requirements)
- Be able and willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions. Previous outdoor experience is a plus!
- Be able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Be computer proficient
- Available to work overtime and weekends (as needed)
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete the form below to APPLY NOW!