Are you looking to jump start your growth in your professional career? How about working for one of the fastest growing underground utility locating companies in the nation? If you are a quality conscious, hard-working individual who loves working outdoors, then you should consider a career at USIC!
As we look to continue leading the industry in quality and safety, we need people to join our team who are problem solvers, confident, take pride in public safety and are comfortable in a fast paced, exciting work environment. From your first day with us, you will have a direct impact on the safety and protection of the local communities where we live and work.
Our technicians spend their workdays on the go, working independently in the field using their company provided vehicle. You will utilize our state of the art ticket and claims management systems to ensure clear and complete mark-out services for the excavator or property owner at the work site.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A LOCATOR:
- You’ll be working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and use a company provided laptop to document and close all tickets. We have a 48-hour turnaround time on all locates, which means we generally work the day after holidays and some weekends, as needed.
- These are daytime, full-time positions and overtime will be required. Instructor led training will be provided. No prior locating experience is necessary.
- You will be responsible for the correct, safe and efficient locating of underground utilities including: telecommunications, electric power, cable TV, gas, water and sewer systems
- Taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, properly marking the location, completing the necessary paperwork and photographing each locate
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING FOR US (OUR BENEFITS)
- 100% paid training – We’re invested in you, starting on your first day.
- High-quality company vehicle – All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won’t be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work.
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment – Advanced technology you can count on.
- Daily pay – Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options – A variety of excellent insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match – We will help you save for the long term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays – Even in your first year, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
- Weekend and holiday on-call pay – Earn extra money while on call over the weekend or on a company holiday, even if not called out to an emergency.
- Post–dig season bonus – Front-line employees are the first to share in the company’s success.
- Career Path Program (CPP) – Unmatched in our industry. We recognize employees who strive to be the best in their roles with distinctive titles, promotions, and more.
- Outstanding Marks Program – Earn points for tenure, safety, and quality milestones to spend on products of your choice from an expansive online store.
- Tenure Boots Program – Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Wellness check/help buttons – Ensure our technicians get home safely each day and receive help quickly with difficult tickets. With team leads to guide and mentor each crew, even as lone workers, you are never alone.
- Tech Health Desk – Dedicated representatives to get you what you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks – Outstanding discounts at major retailers and service providers.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU (OUR REQUIREMENTS)
- Be able and willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions. Previous outdoor experience is a plus!
- Be able to work in a confined space; walk, bend and lift up to 75 pounds
- Be computer proficient
- Available to work overtime and weekends (as needed)
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.